Mary from The Bedroom Reader and I met up for a glass of wine at the Pink Pony earlier this evening. She is so smart and chic that she reminds me of Proust: "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
She asked me what music I've been listening to lately. Here's my late summer top eight:
- Peter, Bjorn & John, "Up Against the Wall"
- Asobi Seksu, "Walk on the Moon"
- Architecture in Helsinki, "Heart it Races"
- Gorillaz, "Feel Good Inc."
- Fleetwood Mac, "Everywhere"
- Looker, "Born Too Late"
- Cloud Cult, "Chandeliers"
- Barbara Lynn, "You'll Lose a Good Thing"