Lola is Beauty has tagged* me with a "Seven Facts Meme" and I happily comply, not least because she is stuck at home with a broken foot and therefore sorely requires some entertainment! So fresh content just for her is the order of the day:
1) 7 is my lucky number; I weighed 7 pounds & 7 ounces when I was born on June 7th in the '70s.
2) Two things I strenuously avoid: bees, seafood.
3) My middle name is Ashley -- It was the only thing that my grandmother ever called me, on account of the un-Southernness of Lauren.
4) I am always looking for an occasion to use my favorite putdown (from Jane Austen's Persuasion): "You have the most extraordinary taste."
5) Things I am powerless to resist: veal, pecan pie, people who compliment my dimples, a challenge.
6) The closest thing I have to a personal motto: E cosi desio me mena (And so desire carries me along) "taken from Petrarch's Canzoniere , written about 1342. " and first spotted by yours truly at the Getty a few years ago, in the context of Hans Holbein the Younger's An Allegory of Passion.
7) The two personal characteristics I am most grateful for: the boundless imagination that has always given me a rich inner life, and my admittedly eerily photographic memory.
*Here be the rules for this meme thing: Each person tagged gives seven random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blog seven facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.